statistics: who maintains R packages in Debian (was: Re: Debhelper for R packages)

On Sat, Oct 08, 2016 at 12:08:50PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On 8 October 2016 at 17:45, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> | Otoh: currently R stuff is mainly maintained within debian-science and
> | debian-med.
>
> Well: the R package itself, addons like ess, rpy2, rkward, ... , and several
> dozen r-cran-packages maintained are not.

You're right, and I knew that.  The word "mainly" might have been not the right
one; sorry about that.

I got curious about who exactly maintains how many r-cran packages currently in
testing/stretch, came up with this quick and (very!) crude hack:

joostvb@banach:~% for p in $( apt-cache search --names-only r-cran | \
 cut -d' ' -f1 ); do echo -n "$p "; apt-cache show $p | grep Maintainer; done | \
 cut -d' ' -f3- | cut -d\< -f2 | sed 's/^/</' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

      1 <harry.southworth@gmail.com>
      1 <ivo@maintz.de>
      1 <lifongsun@gmail.com>
      1 <ondrej@debian.org>
      2 <jdg@debian.org>
      7 <debichem-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
     19 <lawrencc@debian.org>
    105 <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
    130 <edd@debian.org>
    137 <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>

Bye,

Joost

--
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing
befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one