Re: Debhelper for R packages

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 02:39:05PM +0200, Gordon Ball wrote:
> it's been in NEW for the last two weeks so hopefully the FTP masters
> will have a chance to review it soon.

I've sent an e-mail yesterday to ftpmaster giving reasons to handle dh-r
with higher priority.

> > Just a very small suggestion. We probably can switch to the canonical
> > form of the homepage link for the CRAN packages. At the bottom of the
> > homepage of each CRAN package, it is recommended to use the canonical
> > form to link the page. For example, for the ape package: "Please use
> > the canonical form https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=ape to link to
> > this page."
> >
> > And we can also switch from http to https for Bioconductor link.
> >
> > I will join the team on Alioth to be able to push myself these changes
> > if everybody is ok with these.

I'm fine with these changes.  If you want to let this propagate to all
R+BioConductor packages probably a lintian warning makes sense.  May be
a small script in dh-r could do the conversion (similar to `cme fix
dpkg-control`).

> Fine with me. You can also do a pull request against the github repo
> (chronitis/dh-r), but if you're interested in these packages joining
> d-science would in any case make sense.

I'd prefer the repository on git.debian.org.