Re: Taking over scilab and moving to git

Am Mittwoch, 7. September 2016, 09:29:01 CEST schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> Le 07/09/2016 à 09:19, Wolfgang Fütterer a écrit :
> > Am Sonntag, 4. September 2016, 15:54:55 CEST schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> >
> > What I have done so far:
> >
> > - Using debhelper 7
> > - Make packages multi-arch aware
> > - Removed the dbg packages, as the packages with debug symbols are now
> > built automatically
>
> looks great, thanks for doing that. You haven't commit the changes yet
> right?

No I haven't. I have them in a local development branch. Before a publish them
I have to reorder and rewrite the commits ( they are a little bit messy). So I
will push everything once I have created the debian-science repro.

What I forget to ask: You have a few architecture dependent build and
configure options in your rules file. The main question is, are they still
needed?

Specifically these are the following:

- for hdf5 serial

ifneq ($(wildcard /usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/hdf5/serial/libhdf5.so),)
  DEB_CONFIGURE_NORMAL_ARGS += --with-hdf5-include=/usr/include/hdf5/serial \
	        --with-hdf5-library=/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/hdf5/serial
endif

Looking through the debian repository It seems for me that libhdf5.so is
available on all relevant archs. Or are there some exceptions?

- requires ocamlopt

ifneq (,$(filter $(DEB_HOST_ARCH),arm64 ppc64el mips mipsel s390x sparc))
  DEB_CONFIGURE_NORMAL_ARGS += --without-modelica
endif

Is this still needed?
I have a arm64-schroot, so I can test it there. But I can't test it for the
other archs.

- enable building the docs only for amd64 and i386. Why is that? To expensive
to build the docs on the other archs?

Cheers
Wolfgang

--