Re: Taking over scilab and moving to git

Am Sonntag, 4. September 2016, 15:54:55 CEST schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:
> Hello Sylvestre,
>
> Any news about this package?

Yes, there are any.
I decided to move to debhelper 7 with compat level 9 before uploading a new
package. Because someone has to sponsor my packages I didn't want to have many
packages with few changes, but a few new packages with major changes.

Moving to dh took a while because building the whole package take so long to
build especially in a chroot environment.

What I have done so far:

- Using debhelper 7
- Make packages multi-arch aware
- Removed the dbg packages, as the packages with debug symbols are now built
automatically

What need to be done:

- ensure that the contents of the packages in the debian repos and the new
packages matches
- making lintian happy
- move the git repository under the debian-science git repro

I guess I will have upload ready packages at the end of the week. But I would
prefer to wait until next to have a little bit more time for testing.

Cheers
Wolfgang

--
Jabber: yagharek@jabber.de