Re: SuperLU

On Mon, 2016-05-23 at 11:54 +0000, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> > That's dodgy how upstream handled the non-free in MATLAB/time.m.
> All
> they did was delete Mathwork's copyright statement. It's on their
> head.
>
> Indeed. All files that are listed as exceptions from the BSD license
> (except mc64ad.*) in debian/copyright now have a BSD copyright header
> as well, btw. It very much looks like they are dual-licensed now.
> Shall we take this for granted? I guess we could remove some
> complication from debian/copyright with this.

Yeah, we can only take the upstream code as it's presented to us.  It's
their responsibility to ensure they have the right to modify and
distribute their code.  Maybe they've communicated with the other
authors and got permission to unify the licence? I don't think it's our
job to police their code, we can only make sure we comply with the
licence offered to us.

So if their licences have been simplified further then yes, do update
debian/copyright to match the source package.

Drew