Re: SuperLU

Drew,

5.2.1 came out yesterday with some of my PRs applied. Can you import it please? I'd then go through the remaining issues.

Cheers,
Nico

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 9:43 PM Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org> wrote:
On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 11:00 +0000, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> > More important is that some dfsg files are still in the git tree.
> > MATLAB/{spypart.m,time.m} and DOC/*ug.pdf.
>
> Aha yes. (Is the user guide really nonfree?)

The argument is that the pdf is the useful bit, like a binary program.
 Just as we need the source for binary files, for the same reason we
want the source (the latex files) for the pdf files.

> Unfortunately, I have no experience with automatically creating dfsg
> tarballs, and there's a fair chance I'll do it incorrectly. I'd
> appreciate if someone could take over from here.

I've tidied up the dfsg handling, listing the reject files in
debian/copyright.

The package builds fine (and petsc3.7 seems happy with it).

The last step is to check lintian,
  lintian -i superlu_5.2.0+dfsg1-1_amd64.changes

There's a handful of warnings, have a go at fixing them:

W: superlu source: dep5-copyright-license-name-not-unique (paragraph at line 109)
 There are 2 licence short-names "permissive". Give one a distinct
 short name from the other. permissive-colamd or something.

W: superlu source: ancient-standards-version 3.9.5 (current is 3.9.8)

W: libsuperlu5-dbg: empty-binary-package
  Looks like debug symbols automatically went into libsuperlu5-dbgsym,
  so libsuperlu5-dbg is redundant (i.e. rename in debian/control. Or
specify -dbg as the debug package in debian/rules, e.g. with dh_strip).

Thanks for your packaging efforts.
Drew