Re: SuperLU

I've imported the repo into [1] where I'll do some work, later this week we can move it to alioth.

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://github.com/nschloe/debian-superlu

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 3:34 PM Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 01:14:38PM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 10:48:24AM +0000, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> > @Mattia would you mind moving SuperLU over to /git?
>
> Conversion ongoing.
> Will notify once done.

Well, it has been super quick, probably because there is basically
nothing (for some reasons that are escaping me git-svn didn't notice (or
couldn't import) the last 3 commits leadin to other 2 uploads...)

mattia@chase ~/devel/TEAM/helper-scripts/superlu (git-svn)-[remotes/svn-import/trunk] % git lg
* 60b07cc (HEAD, svn-import/trunk) Fix the build rule: the static library shipped in the package was built with -fPIC (2 years, 5 months ago) Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org>
* 25bf07c Release to experimental (2 years, 5 months ago) Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org>
* 7d447d5   * Repackage the upstream tarball to remove non-free code (mc64{a,i}d     functions)   * As a consequence, provide stubs for these functions in no-mc64ad.patch:     if the removed functionality is used, the library will simply abort.   * Document the removed functionality in README.Debian.   * debian/copyright: rewrite using machine-readable format 1.0.   * Use new scheme for BLAS dependencies.   * Remove the broken infrastructure for running tests from /usr/share/doc.   * Add new libsuperlu-doc package. (2 years, 5 months ago) Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org>
* 5b015d5 finalize upgrade to 4.3 (2 years, 8 months ago) Christophe Trophime <christophe.trophime@lncmi.cnrs.fr>
* 7976504 some cleanup and update to 4.3 (3 years, 10 months ago) Christophe Trophime <christophe.trophime@lncmi.cnrs.fr>
* 01558ff [svn-inject] Applying Debian modifications (4.0-1) to trunk (6 years ago) Christophe Prudhomme <prudhomm@debian.org>
* bd5050f [svn-inject] Forking superlu source to Trunk (6 years ago) Christophe Prudhomme <prudhomm@debian.org>
* 6478afe (svn-import/trunk@36809) [svn-inject] Installing original source of superlu (4.0) (6 years ago) Christophe Prudhomme <prudhomm@debian.org>
mattia@chase ~/devel/TEAM/helper-scripts/superlu (git-svn)-[remotes/svn-import/trunk] % git branch -a
* (HEAD detached at svn-import/trunk)
  remotes/svn-import/tags/4.3+dfsg-1
  remotes/svn-import/trunk
  remotes/svn-import/trunk@36809
mattia@chase ~/devel/TEAM/helper-scripts/superlu (git-svn)-[remotes/svn-import/trunk] %

(the branches would have to be renamed, that's something done post
conversion)

I'm not sure there is any gain in converting that svn repo.  I think you
could be better served by an import of all the past uploads to the
archive into a git repo.
To do that you can just run:
    gbp import-dscs --debsnap superlu
It'll download all past uploads of superlu from snapshot.d.o, and import
then in a git repo.  I'm fairly confident that it'll better made than
this conversion, consider try running the command and inspecting the
resulting repository, compared with the history above here (also you
would have useful tags for all the uploads, etc...).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-