Re: Question about distributed FS for high-performance I/O [debian-hpc]

On 28-01-2016 13:13, Serge Cohen wrote:
Hi all,

I have asked a question a few days back on debian-hpc. Since the mailing list (debian-hpc) is very young and currently has only 17 members I guess that having no answer so far mean I'll get no answer in reasonable time. Maybe someone(s) on this list has some information that is pertinent on the question ?

The original post is here :
https://lists.debian.org/debian-hpc/2016/01/msg00000.html

Thank you in advance for any help !

Serge.

Hello!

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away,
I've setup a glusterfs cluster to do what you want without much fuss.

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/glusterfs-server
https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/glusterfs-server

Nowadays an alternative would be ceph, but I've no experience with it.

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/ceph
https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/ceph

To my knowledge, both can use infiniband (not sure if RDMA or IpoIB)

PS : We are using Debian for both servers and clients, and it is not an option for us to be using another system or distribution.

I see no problem with it ;)

Mail me privately if you want,
Fabricio