Re: engrid in debian

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for your interest in making Debian better!

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 03:11:50PM +0100, Mauro Darida wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 January 2016 00:37:53 Jonathon Love wrote:
> > excellent. the git servers are accessed by ssh, and you have not added
> > your public key to alioth (presumably). try this:
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH
> >
> > but you probably should put a little more effort into researching how to
> > do this stuff yourself. getting a good grasp of things like SSH, git,
> > public keys, etc. will put you in a better place to contribute.
> >
> That one is a good link, thanks. I would suggest, from my (newbie) point of
> view, to update the docs adding that alioth ssh connection is done via keys
> only

Yes, that's a good suggestion.

> (and putting the above link in the same page would help too).

You and everyone can edit these wiki pages after creating an account on
wiki.debian.org.

> One more question: after publishing the git repository on alioth:
> $ cd /git/debian-science/packages/
> $ mkdir engrid.git && cd engrid.git
> $ git --bare init --shared=all
>
> how can you debian people can access to the source package ? That it is not
> clear to me...

The stuff on alioth is publicly available.

I, and others having read/write access to debian-science, should be able to
access is running:

 joostvb@nusku:~/git% git clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/engrid.git

However, it seems something went wrong when you created your repo on alioth:

 fatal: '/git/debian-science/packages/engrid.git' does not appear to be a git repository

Indeed, there is no git.debian.org:/git/debian-science/packages/engrid.git .

You can also check at https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/ ; your repo should show up there
once you've succesfully created it.

> Do I need more git commands to end the procedure and the above
> is just a preliminary start on alioth ?

Yes, it seems so.

Bye,

Joost