Re: RFS: gpaw/0.10.0.11364 ITP -- DFT and beyond within the projector-augmented wave method

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Marcin,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 02:30:32PM +0200, Marcin Dulak wrote:
> ~/gpaw $ cme fix dpkg-control
> Unknown application: dpkg-control. Run 'cme list' to list available
> applications

Did you installed libconfig-model-dpkg-perl ?

too late, now on a broken debian 8.
While still on debian 8, i did what http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html says:
apt-get
install cme libconfig-model-dpkg-perl libconfig-model-itself-perl
and cme seems not available on jessie.

> An attempt to get jessie->testing->unstable failed,
> so i've tried to guess what "cme fix dpkg-control" would do, and commited
> that.
> Can you check if it looks OK?

Yes, looks OK.

actually I got 'cme fix dpkg-control' to work on a broken jessie/testing/sid,
and commited that fix.

> By the way i'm still geting:
> ~/gpaw $ gbp buildpackage
> gbp:error: upstream/0.10.0.11364 is not a valid treeish
> Maybe I must be on Debian unstable for this to work?

I doubt that you need to be on unstable.  I'm on testing and it works
perfectly.  As I said before I have no idea why this happens.  I
recommend asking on debian-mentors list.  May be also checking any
~/.gbp.conf might uncover something.

i have no ~/.gbp.conf, and gbp buildpackage still not working
for me on my half broken jessie/testing/sid.

It would be nice to have a Vagrantfile/Dockerfile that
prepares a full deb development environment. Then the Debian packaging documentation,
which is now very scattered and full of obsolete commands, could be shipped together with Vagrantfile/Dockerfile.
I think i saw a Vagrantfile like that somewhere, but it should be Debian that officially maintains such.

> i've clarified also with GPAW upstream that the latest GPAW release,
> 0.11.0, is not ready for python3 yet (e.g. it does not work in parallel
> with python3).

:-(

what will happen then to gpaw packaging?

Marcin