Re: RFS: gpaw/0.10.0.11364 ITP -- DFT and beyond within the projector-augmented wave method

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Marcin,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:32:09AM +0200, Marcin Dulak wrote:
> so I need gpaw-setups somehow listed at
> http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/physics
> I see gpaw is already there.

I had a sponsoring look at gpaw.  Also here lintian should claim
Vcs-Browser.  The easiest way to fix this is to use

    cme fix dpkg-control

I'm on debian 8:
~/gpaw $ cat /etc/debian_version
8.0
~/gpaw $ cme fix dpkg-control
Unknown application: dpkg-control. Run 'cme list' to list available applications

An attempt to get jessie->testing->unstable failed,
so i've tried to guess what "cme fix dpkg-control" would do, and commited that.
Can you check if it looks OK?

By the way i'm still geting:
~/gpaw $ gbp buildpackage
gbp:error: upstream/0.10.0.11364 is not a valid treeish
Maybe I must be on Debian unstable for this to work?

Moreover I'm afraid ftpmaster will not accept this package since there
is a policy to refuse new Python 2 only packages.  Could you check
whether gpaw could be ported to Python 3?

i've clarified also with GPAW upstream that the latest GPAW release,
0.11.0, is not ready for python3 yet (e.g. it does not work in parallel with python3).

Marcin