Re: Fwd: Moving the h5py source package to team maintenance

Hi Tobias,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 08:53:45PM +0100, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> The official maintainer of a package is determined by the maintainer
> field of the uploaded package. But in my eyes the most important point
> of team maintenance is to have packages in a vcs where the team has
> write access.

Debian Science policy says that the maintainer list should be put as
Maintainer and the people behind this packages are Uploaders.  I'd
suggest to move the packag in question to Debian Science Git.

Which means the steps for a successful transition would be:

1) migrate the svn repo hosted on code.google.com to git d-science,
2) change the maintainer field to d-science and put Soeren as uploader,
3) push my changes for 2.4 on a separate debian-experimental branch.

Am I correct ?

Ghis