Moving the h5py source package to team maintenance

Dear Soeren,

I recently contacted you regarding the state of the h5py source package in Debian. It is currently lagging by a few major versions behind upstream. I contribute to a few projects (including some of mine) which would benefit from the new features introduced by the most recent upstream version. I personally took the task of updating the package to the current upstream version (v2.4 at the time of writing) and would be happy to share my results.

I wanted to suggest to move the maintenance of h5py under Debian-science, so that other people like myself can help packaging of h5py keeping up faster with upstream. You would still remain the owner of the package of course, whilst benefiting from contributions from the rest of the team.

Please let us know your opinion and decision with regards to moving the package under team-maintenance by replying to this email in the Debian-science list. A lack of answer after a week from the diffusion of this email will be considered as an acceptance.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,
Ghislain