Re: Are you still interested in maintaining plplot or should we take the package over into Debian Science

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 03:49:54PM +0100, Andrew Ross wrote:

> I have been working in the background on this,

thanks for doing so.  It seems the background work is not as visible as
if you would maintain the package in a team VCS.

> but not being a DD myself
> there have been delays in getting this uploaded. There is now a new
> version in unstable. There are remaining bugs, but I'm working on these
> too. If the Debian Science team are able to help with uploads though
> that would be useful.

Yes, we are definitely here to help.  I'd recommend joining the Debian
Science team on alioth.debian.org and commit your packaging to VCS
(either Git or SVN) as described in the team policy[1].  It should not
be that hard to find a sponsor if you write an e-mail to
debian-science@lists.debian.org and there is also my offer to sponsor
packages listed on the science tasks pages (which is now the case[2] since
I have just added it :-)) in the "Sponsering of Blends" effort[3].

Hope these hints might be helpful to you

    Andreas.

[1] http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html
[2] http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/viewing-dev#libplplot-dev
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB