Re: Packages in Jessie

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net> writes:

> So, one thing it that the package has important bugs and we are not able to
> solve it in time, so this package will not be in Jessie. But, are you telling
> me that the package won't be in Jessie because 6 hours after all the steps
> that I have done?

Not automatically, no.  However, if you ask the Release Team nicely,
they might consider making an exception.  Specifically, you'd want to
file an unblock request against the release.debian.org pseudopackage:

  $ reportbug release.debian.org
  [...]
  What sort of request is this? (If none of these things mean anything to you, or
  you are trying to report a bug in an existing package, please press Enter to
  exit reportbug.)

  1 binnmu      binNMU requests
  2 britney     testing migration script bugs
  3 other       None of the other options
  4 rm          Stable/Testing removal requests
  5 squeeze-pu  squeeze proposed updates requests
  6 transition  transition tracking
  7 unblock     unblock requests
  8 wheezy-pu   wheezy proposed updates requests

  Choose the request type: 7
  Please enter the name of the package: pcl
  Checking status database...
  Please enter the version of the package: 1.7.2-1

  Enter any additional addresses this report should be sent to; press ENTER after
  each address. Press ENTER on a blank line to continue.
  > debian-science@lists.debian.org

You can disregard the request for a diff against testing, since this
package is wholly new.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu