Re: Packages in Jessie

A Dilluns, 27 d'octubre de 2014, Andreas Tille va escriure:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 11:57:49PM +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > there's one thing that I don't have understood clearly about the dates to
> > freeze and the procedure.
> >
> > On November 5th at 23:59 UTC begin the freeze period. The page [1] mention
> > that:
> > "So ensure your package is in testing before that last run."
> >
> > So, may I understand that, if a package needs 10 days to be in testing
without
> > bugs, the period ends now?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Or, it the package is in unstable, but with a serious bug, could be upload
> > new version before 5th of December 2014?
>
> There is always a chance to communicate with the release team about this
> by filing a bug at release.debian.org.

Well, I would like to explain the situation:

- We have worked hard with a big package: pcl. The package goes to new queue
on June (2014-06-10). It was about 4 months.

- It was rejected because problems in the copyright file. (2014-10-03)

- Upstream in the middle releases a new version.

- we work with the new version and I asked my sponsor to upload it on
Wednesday (2014-10-15)

- my sponsor upload it on Wednesday 2014-10-22 and ftp-masters upload it on
unstable on Friday  2014-10-24.

- the same day, a few hours after be in unstable someone filled a Important
bug of one binary package #766685: libpcl-dev

- a few hours after I prepare a new version of the package solving the bug and
I upload to mentors the new package, comment the bug and ask to my sponsor to
upload the package. However, I made a mistake and I put UNRELEASED so my
sponsor rejects to upload it.

- yesterday morning (Sunday 2014-10-27 Morning (UTC)) I asked to my sponsor to
upload the new version, thinking that the period to have a package in testing
before November 5th ended Sunday 27th 23:55 (UTC) (November 5th - 10 days). My
sponsor upload it this morning 5:57, day 28th.

So, one thing it that the package has important bugs and we are not able to
solve it in time, so this package will not be in Jessie. But, are you telling
me that the package won't be in Jessie because 6 hours after all the steps
that I have done?

Thanks,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     PGP: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia