Re: Python-scoop for Debian Science

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 03:30:55PM +0100, Daniel Stender wrote:
> I've prepared a new package of Scoop (Python environment for parallel
> programming) [1] for Debian Science (thanks to F.-E. Picca for sponsoring).
>
> Haven't done that before, do I as the package maintainer have to add the
> package to the task (distributedcomputing)?

Its fine to ping here - I just added it.

> Is there a consensus towards its relevance?

Usually there is no discussion about this for various reasons.  I decided
for Depends - just tell me if you think that it should be only Suggests.

BTW, there is no point in making the package priority extra.  Debian
Science policy recommends optional (for very good reasons).

Thanks for your work on this