Re: Looking for a sponsor for some robotics related packages

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 06:35:53PM +0100, Anton Gladky wrote:
> Hi Jose,
>
> 2014/1/11 Jose Luis Rivero <jrivero@osrfoundation.org>:
> > I'm done with upstream. Green light by my side to upload urdfdom,
> > urdfdom-headers and sdformat, if the case of you find them in a good shape.
>
> urdfdo* should be repacked due to dfsg. But get-orig-source as far as I see
> just downloads them without removing non-dfsg files. Please, describe also
> in README.source what exactly was removed.

Risking that I'm repeating myself I'd like to recommend not to use
README.source but rather the Files-Excluded field in debian/copyright.
Than you can use latest uscan without any additional get-orig-source.

> > BTW, thanks for taking care of console-bridge. Double checking the QA
> > page I found that if fails to build in some platforms[1] due to problem
> > with symbol checking. How would you recommend to fix this? Optional symbols?
>
> Sorry, I can not help you on that. I am personally not using symbols in any
> of my libs.

I also admit that if I really created symbols files this leaded to 50%
failures on different architectures.  I'm not sure whether the pros are
stronger as the cons for symbols files.

> Please, prepare git-patch for this debian-science meta-package  [1]. Add all of
> these 4 packages.
>
> [1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=blends/projects/science.git

:-)