Re: Crystallography packages

Hi again,

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 09:24:48PM +0100, Jerome Kieffer wrote:
> I am the upstream maintainer of FabIO (occasionally developer but the
> library is mature). I am doing a bit of debian packaging mainly for
> ESRF (my employer) purposes, because we need it.
>
> CBF is one of many format supported bu FabIO and the CBF implementation
> of FabIO is not based on libCBF but on my own code (starting from the spec
> of CBF, availble from IUCr).

One thing I forgot to ask:  While you have given a kind explanation
I've not yet any answer to what task(s) out of

   http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/

the packages would fit.  Or would you like to suggest a new task?  I
*personally* would not even mind creating some science-esrf dedicated
task - but may be this might fit also into the to be announced PAN
Blend?

What I really want you maintainers of scientific software to consider:
Debian Science is *not* *only* pushing some random package into the
Debian package pool.  It is *also* about *talking* *to* *each* *other*
while the Blends framework should give you some technical means to
inspire such discussion.  Please, pretty please, start discussing about
your topic, find friends and create a community around your software.
Otherwise it is sooo hard to find useful stuff in Debian amongst all
those nice cherry picking the right one which solves your specific
problem.