Re: hello from potential new maintainer

Hi Ghislain,

[sorry for the delay, I'm just back from vacation]

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 08:19:58AM +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> Thought I would introduce myself first before submitting anything here.
> I am a Ph.D. student in medical imaging with a special interest in
> computing and open source.

Cool.  If you want to directly meet medical imaging experts I can
confirm that some of them are hanging around on Debian Med mailing list
<debian-med@lists.debian.org>.  If you are interested about an overview
about all medical imaging applications inside Debian I'd recommend the
Debian Med web sentinel:

  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging

and for developing of medical imaging applications

  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging-dev

> I would like to package some of the tools and
> libraries I have been using to Debian, since most people in my lab use
> either straight Debian or, more often, Ubuntu.
>
> Not quite sure what more I should say. Please let me know if I missed
> anything. You should get my first contributions very soon.
>
> Looking forward to working with you guys,

Me too. :-)