Re: Last call before metapackage creation for Wheezy

Hi Andreas,
>>> However, you might have missunderstood the sense of the tasks ans thus
>> Indeed, I missed the point: this will only add the outdated version.
>
> That's kind of 'normal' that packages become outdated in the release
> process.  It might be reasonable to consider backports if you want to
> make sure that users of Wheezy will be able to use the latest version.
This should not a big deal, despite the fact, that one dependency
(libm4ri) needs backporting, too.

> So from my perspective the issue will be cured automatically after the
> next upload to unstable and I personally do not feel motivated to spend
> my time in tweaking the web sentinel to care for those kind of
> exceptions - but patches are perfectly welcome.
I agree, this should not be the task now.

> PS: When I started writing I triggered the web sentinel creation
>     manually and noticed that
>
>       http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/mathematics#polybori
>
>     is proving me wrong:  Experimental has in fact preference over
>     the other releases and I do regard *this* as a bug (according to
>     my previous arguments) because it hides the fact that there is such
>     a package inside the official Debian release.  I hope I will find
>     the time to fix this as long as this is not "fixed" by an upload to
>     unstable.
This might be, because there were not any *binary* packages called
"polybori" or "polybori-gui" in PolyBoRi 0.5. There was libpolybori-dev,
which is mentioned correctly in mathematics-dev.
Anyway this is inconsistent somehow.

Best regards,
  Alexander
--
Dr. rer. nat. Dipl.-Math. Alexander Dreyer

Abteilung "Systemanalyse, Prognose und Regelung"
Fraunhofer Institut für Techno- und Wirtschaftsmathematik (ITWM)
Fraunhofer-Platz 1
67663 Kaiserslautern

Telefon    +49 (0) 631-31600-4318
Fax        +49 (0) 631-31600-5318