Re: Maintaining yorick in Vcs at debian.org (Was: RFS: yorick/2.2.02+dfsg-2)

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 06:38:06PM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> Dear Andreas et al.,
>
> I have now pushed Yorick to Alioth.

Fine.

> I happen to have uncovered a severity=important bug:
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=678276
> This bug breaks PNG output from Yorick on ia64 and may have other
> unknown effects.
>
> I have prepared a new upload but I can't upload it myself as yorick is
> still in NEW.
>
> Would someone be so kind as to upload it for me well?

I do not think that it is clever to push another version from yorick
into new.  I assume this causes more work to several people.  I'd
suggest to wait until yorick has hit unstable and do the next upload
immediately after this.

> The package can be found:
>  - on Alioth: git.debian.org/git/debian-science/yorick.git
>  - on mentors: http://mentors.debian.net/package/yorick
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/y/yorick/yorick_2.2.02+dfsg-3.dsc
>
> (The revision is not tagged in git as I'm not sure it will actually
> reach master in its current form).

That's correct.

> Changes:
>  - fixing 678276:
>    + introduce new patch fix-weird-alignment
>    + add -DMM_LIN_ALIGNMENT to CPPFLAGS on ia64 in debian/rules
>  - fixing 584136: remove HPPA from the list of arches the tests
>    should not be ran on in debian/rules
>  - debian-science policy: edits in debian/control
>  - rewrite README.source.

Please ping the list in case I might not notice that yorick propagated
to unstable.

Thanks for your work on this