Re: Maintaining yorick in Vcs at debian.org (Was: RFS: yorick/2.2.02+dfsg-2)

Le 13/06/12 21:43, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi Thibaut,
>
>>   To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:
>>
>>   http://mentors.debian.net/package/yorick
>>

>>   Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>>
>>     dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/y/yorick/yorick_2.2.02+dfsg-2.dsc
>
> I wonder why you do not maintain the package at git.debian.org.  This
> would make for sponsors and other team members way easier.  I tried
>
>    debcheckout --user tille yorick
>
> but failed becuase Vcs-Git points to github.com where I do not have any
> login nor could I commit some changes.  For the sake of getting the
> metapackage which I do consider very interesting I would make some
> exception and would consider sponsering it anyway but otherwise I would
> probably insist in sticking to Debian Science policy and ask for using a
> debian.org hosted Vcs.  Would you consider a move or do you want to
> stick to the current location for the moment?

Hi Andreas,

The reason is I never invested enough time to understand how to do that
(or even how to properly package under git). I haven't pushed my changes
to github yet.

Note that at the moment the package is not under the debian science
packaging team umbrella. And this is also mostly because I was unsure
how to proceed.

I would be willing to go in that direction in the future, of course.

Regards, Thibaut.