Re: BibTeX file from debian/upstream data (Was: New Debian Science metapackages)

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 01:35:58PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> 1. Separate the "Please cite" from the (apparently?) first reference of
> the References field in debian/upstream, and introduce a dedicated field
> (Citation) for it, so that non-article citation are possible. If
> Citation is not present, the current way should still work.

What do you mean by non-article citation?  I'm not sure whether I
understand your proposal?  Could you fake some simple example?

> 2. Add a "For further information see:" field in the web sentinel, which
> displays the first (e.g.) three references from debian/upstream

With the current table layout for references in UDD the query for
multiple citations becomes *very* complex and I intend to change the
table layout.  I will need some time for it.  Once I can reasonably
fetch more than one citation we could discuss the display - but for now
we need to delay this.  Once I've found a better querying mechanism I'll
come up with a layout suggestion and we can discuss / enhance this.

> 3. Fix the displayed bibliographical data, some (the non-debian/upstream
> ones?) packages no longer display volume and page numbers.

I'm not very motivated to fix the old (not-working any more) mechanism
to get "Published-In" working again.  It was invented to circumvent even
more tags in the tasks files and was summarising some fields which are
now specified in a more detailed way.  Re-enabling this old way would
mean either way more complex script or template code.  I do not want to
do this just to make something I want to go away working again.  It is
way less work to convert those few publications to debian/upstream -
even if I would need to do all this on my own.  I would (strongly)
advise to rather use debian/upstream instead.