Re: BibTeX file from debian/upstream data (Was: New Debian Science metapackages)

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 01:28:13PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:47:36PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > So I think we should not scramble to normalize the data, but if we do,
> > we should agree on some form.
>
> As I expected the discussion you intended to trigger just did not
> happen.  I suggest I will just try to make suggestion based upon what I
> regard usefull and you keep on observing and question what I'm doing.
> I'm always open for any enhancement.  I'm afraid otherwise we will keep
> on sitting here without a citation solution for years.  Is this OK?

Sure.  I might take a stab at hacking on the web sentinel when I get
time.  I'd like to change the following, unless you think it is a bad
idea:

1. Separate the "Please cite" from the (apparently?) first reference of
the References field in debian/upstream, and introduce a dedicated field
(Citation) for it, so that non-article citation are possible. If
Citation is not present, the current way should still work.

2. Add a "For further information see:" field in the web sentinel, which
displays the first (e.g.) three references from debian/upstream

3. Fix the displayed bibliographical data, some (the non-debian/upstream
ones?) packages no longer display volume and page numbers.

What do you think?

Michael