Re: RFS: viennacl

Hi again,

[...]
> > I've only got one concern left: all of the tests fail with
> >
> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'viennacl::ocl::unknown_error'

[...]
> What do you have in mind about the diagnostics? I could think of first
> checking whether the GPU supports OpenCL and only then run the tests.
> Otherwise it would print a message. I'll talk to upstream and see
> whether they have a suggestion on how to detect GPU programming support
> a priori.

Detecting missing OpenCL support and not running the tests is probably the ideal
solution. When speaking of diagnostics, however, I primarily thought of some
specific error message that clearly tells that the test failed because of
missing hardware support - "unknown_error" doesn't sound like such a specific
error.

Thanks a lot for your work,
Michael