Re: RFS: viennacl

On 07/31/2011 10:34 PM, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>>> If there is no source missing, just make sure it is not used in the
>>> debian build, for example by deleting it in debian/rules before doing
>>> anything else (in most packages just before running configure is a very
>>> good time).
>>>

> Thanks a lot Bernhard for this much easier solution, should have thought of that
> myself...
>
> [...]
>> One question remains, though: should I re-generate those files
>> (generated sources, Doxygen docs and PDF manual) when building the package?
>>

> I guess leaving docs as-is is probably ok, but sources should be rebuilt, in all
> cases. For a package the size of viennacl it would probably also be good to
> rebuild the documentation, this shouldn't take too much build time.
>
> The basic steps should thus be:
>
> - clean target removes all pre-built stuff. Documentation, generated code,
>   binaries.
> - Do whatever is necessary to get back to current code base. This will add quite
>   a few build dependencies as I understand, including doxygen and some boost
>   libraries, but that's fine.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Michael

Ok, uploaded a new version to mentors (1.1.2-6). These are the changes:

- During the build all generated files get deleted and recreated.
However, I don't delete the files in the override_dh_clean target, as
this breaks git-buildpackage. I do it in the override_dh_build target
instead.

- Updated debian/watch

- Completed debian/copyright with the info about CL/* and
external/pugixml/src/*.

The new package builds these binary packages:
libviennacl-dev - Scientific computing library written in C++ based on
OpenCL
libviennacl-doc - ViennaCL API and user documentation

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/v/viennacl/viennacl_1.1.2-6.dsc

Thanks