Re: RFS: viennacl

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

[...]
> > - auxiliary/converter is shipped as binary, although converter.cpp probably is
> >   its source!?
>
> Yes. What do you propose? Should I remove auxiliary/converter from the
> source package? If so, how? Via a patch in debian/patches?
>
> > - all of viennacl/ could probably be generated at build time, using the above
> >   converter.
>
> Would you prefer it if it was done that way? I can give it a try.
>
> > - doxygen could easily be run at build time.
>
> Yes, but the output is already contained in the original tar-ball. What
> should I do with it?

[...]

I think for all of the above you should speak to upstream about having them
removed. I don't quite know about their responsiveness (or willingness to do
so), hence for the moment you might want to start out with a repacked tar ball,
adding +dfsg to the package version (note: you will also need to change the
watch file in this case: add a line opts=dversionmangle=s/\+dfsg//), and ideally
a get-orig-source target in debian/rules. Thereby you'd end up with a much much
cleaner source package, which really is the *source*, and not some intermediate
state. It would be nice if upstream would follow that reasoning...

Please let me know if you need any further information on this!

Best,
Michael