Re: [packaging] DIET grid middleware

Le 29/07/2011 09:20, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :

I'm wondering if there's a policy about camelcase'd SONAMEs.

But even if there isn't, I don't understand why the SOVERSION (2.7.0)
isn't in the package name. What's the policy for managing logservice API
and ABI changes? How are you going to deal with that in the Debian
packages?

The whole DIET suite ensures API/ABI forward compatibility for major releases, minor releases brings new functionnalities and patch versions only bug fixes. Parallel installations of different releases are not supported.

Alternatively, you could display the current version on the website, and
use that from debian/watch, though it might require advanced
debian/watch hacking.

- Lucas

I'll try to grok this.

Best regards,