Re: [packaging] DIET grid middleware

On 18/07/11 at 10:12 +0200, Haïkel Guémar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since i pushed logservice and DIET into debian-science git few weeks
> ago, i had no heads-up, so what's up next ? Should i get a sponsor ?

Hi,

logservice:
1. reformat description paragraph

2. uncomment + fix VCS-* fields

3. you didn't push your pristine-tar branch. Use git push --all ; git
   push --tags. So I can't regenerate a clean tarball.

4. lintian warning:
W: logservice: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libLogForwarderUtils2.7.0 libLogServiceComponentBase2.7.0 libLogServiceToolBase2.7.0
Are those private libs (that will never be used by another package, even
diet)?  I'm not sure of the recommended way to package private shared
libraries, does anyone know? It might be to put them outside of /usr/lib.
Of course, if they are not private, then the Debian Library Packaging Guide
applies.

5. could you add a debian/watch so new upstream releases will be tracked?

6. lintian info tag, check this is correct:
I: logservice: init.d-script-does-not-provide-itself etc/init.d/logservice
N:
N:    This /etc/init.d script indicates it provides one or more facilities,
N:    but none of the provided facilities match the name of the init script.
N:    In certain cases, it may be necessary to not follow that convention, but
N:    normally init scripts should always provide a facility matching the name
N:    of the init script.
N:
N:    Refer to http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts for details.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: init.d, Type: binary

7. you probably want to fix that in a future release:
I: logservice: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/LogCentral.1.gz loggin login
I: logservice: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/logForwarder.1.gz informations information
(can be checked with lintian -i -I)

1, 3, 4 are blockers for an upload, and you should probably fix 2, 5 and maybe 6, so stopping there.

- Lucas