Re: [packaging] DIET grid middleware

On 28/07/11 at 12:08 +0200, Haïkel Guémar wrote:
> 4. i splitted package between logcentral (logging daemon) and
> libraries (with their -dev counterparts) liblogforwarderutils
> (contains common utils for the latters), liblogservicecomponentbase,
> liblogservicetoolbase.
> lintian still complains because of the case, but i'm not sure of
> what to do since debian policies requires that package name should
> be lowercase.
> It might be worth renaming them shorter, at least drop the base
> suffix (your take ?)

I'm wondering if there's a policy about camelcase'd SONAMEs.

But even if there isn't, I don't understand why the SOVERSION (2.7.0)
isn't in the package name. What's the policy for managing logservice API
and ABI changes? How are you going to deal with that in the Debian
packages?

> 5. DIET website still requires registration for downloading
> tarballs, i'll try (again) convincing the main maintainer to provide
> public-access downloads. As soon as possible, i'll add a
> debian/watch.

Alternatively, you could display the current version on the website, and
use that from debian/watch, though it might require advanced
debian/watch hacking.

- Lucas