Re: fftw: Usage of SSE in 64bit?

On Jun 21, 2011, at 9:22 AM, Charles Montgomery wrote:
I haven't had a chance yet to check, but that sounds like the likely explanation. I missed that in the documentation. It isn't mentioned again in the section on 'FFTW Constants in Fortran', which recommends just using the file /usr/include/fftw3.f, which has only INTEGER rather than (non-standard) INTEGER*8.

The constants are indeed INTEGERs, as are the array lengths etcetera. Only the plan is INTEGER*8.

We've never heard of a modern Fortran compiler that didn't support INTEGER*8. If you have an ancient system that only has INTEGER, then probably it is a 32-bit system and INTEGER is fine.