Re: fftw: Usage of SSE in 64bit?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: fftw: Usage of SSE in 64bit?
- From: "Steven G. Johnson" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:37:03 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Carsten Aulbert wrote:
* For double precision it does not really make any big changes
The changes should be quite significant in double precision as well
(almost a factor of two in our tests), at least for moderate sizes that
are not limited by memory bandwidth. As I mentioned in my other
message, benchmarking can be a bit tricky and I would recommend using
the bench program included with FFTW.