Re: Help needed getting started

On 04/05/2011 12:19 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 10:44:02AM +0200, Michael Wild wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I think I understand the task files a bit better now. Since ViennaCL
>> is a pure compile-time dependency IMHO it should go into most *-dev
>> tasks, right?
>
> Yes.
>
>> What has me confused though, is that libraries like blas
>> or lapack, which have a similar purpose as ViennaCL, and are widely used
>> in scientific applications, only show up in very few tasks
>> (nanoscale-physics{,-dev}, meteorology-dev and mathematics-dev).
>
> Perhaps nobody really cared about the other tasks (or we did not even
> yet created -dev tasks for some sciences).  We should make some noise
> here from time to time that people who feel responsible for certain
> sciences will maintain the respective tasks files (or send me a patch /
> ask me to change).
>
> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

OK, I cleaned up my first attempts, squashed everything together and
pushed it to alioth [1]. Would be really nice if somebody could review
the package. It is lintian clean (up to some warning in pedantic mode
about a binary that upstream includes in the tar-ball), builds with
cowbuilder in experimental and I tried to follow the team policy.

Thanks

Michael

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-science/packages/viennacl.git