Re: Help needed getting started

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 10:44:02AM +0200, Michael Wild wrote:

> Ok, I think I understand the task files a bit better now. Since ViennaCL
> is a pure compile-time dependency IMHO it should go into most *-dev
> tasks, right?

Yes.

> What has me confused though, is that libraries like blas
> or lapack, which have a similar purpose as ViennaCL, and are widely used
> in scientific applications, only show up in very few tasks
> (nanoscale-physics{,-dev}, meteorology-dev and mathematics-dev).

Perhaps nobody really cared about the other tasks (or we did not even
yet created -dev tasks for some sciences).  We should make some noise
here from time to time that people who feel responsible for certain
sciences will maintain the respective tasks files (or send me a patch /
ask me to change).