Re: reference management

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 02:59:47PM -0400, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:48:17 +0100, Filippo Rusconi <rusconi-debian@laposte.net> wrote:
> > I package the cb2bib program which I find excellent. It has a number
> > of features that other software has, but it can parse reasonably well
> > a library of pdf files and extract data from them.
> >
> > Plus it will listen to the clipboard and when text is selected, it
> > will parse that text and automagically create a new BibTeX record.
> >
> > Duplicate entries are detected provided it is asked to do so.
> >
> > Maybe you could try it.
>
> Hey, Filippo.  I just gave cb2bib a try, but I found the UI to be a bit
> strange.  I couldn't figure out how to make it give me just a list of
> all references, although there must be a way.

Well, open a bib file within the main window (line edit widget labeled
"Add to:" at the bottom of the window, to select a file click on the
button with a file icon). Then click on the pencil button: that will
open a new window with all the references currently listed in the bib
file. There is also a facility to search for references in the bib
file.

It's true that the interface is not so intuitive at first sight, but
I've found that it's designed to not be intrusive at all, which turns
out to be a rather clever decision.

If you  are in biological sciences, its Pubmed parsing algorithms are
rather powerful and save me a lot of time...

Best regards,
                 Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - CNRS - public key C78F687C
Author of ``massXpert''     at http://www.massxpert.org