Re: reference management

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:48:17 +0100, Filippo Rusconi <rusconi-debian@laposte.net> wrote:
> I package the cb2bib program which I find excellent. It has a number
> of features that other software has, but it can parse reasonably well
> a library of pdf files and extract data from them.
>
> Plus it will listen to the clipboard and when text is selected, it
> will parse that text and automagically create a new BibTeX record.
>
> Duplicate entries are detected provided it is asked to do so.
>
> Maybe you could try it.

Hey, Filippo.  I just gave cb2bib a try, but I found the UI to be a bit
strange.  I couldn't figure out how to make it give me just a list of
all references, although there must be a way.

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:51:09 +0200, Carsten Aulbert <carsten.aulbert@aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> Back in my real science days I think I've just used tellico which can import
> and export bibtex (still true according to their web page) and stores
> everything in a documented XML:
>
> http://tellico-project.org/about-tellico
>
> Would that help?

Thanks, Carsten!  Tellico looks pretty nice.  It's pdf import is one of
the better I've seen.  It pulls full abstract, which are then available
for searching, which is great.

The only problem is that I can't figure out how to make it do a bulk
import of a large number of pdfs, which means I'm having to import each
one individually, which is a drag.

jamie.