Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] cran2deb: 1700+ new Debian / R packages

Hello,

Charles Plessy wrote:
>> On 24 July 2009 at 16:22, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> |
>> | Sure.  My way of thinking was that the maintainer of an official Debian
>> | package just draws the source from cran2deb, ads a changelog entry and
>> | is finished with his work (in an ideal situation).
>
> Le Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:03:09AM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :
>> One would _at least_ need a proper debian/copyright. That step is fairly
>> impossible to automate.

> One first step in this direction would be to help Upstream to directly write a
> file that would be suitable for Debian. For the most simple packages, which are
> many, do you think that the R communauty would be interested in making the
> LICENSE file machine-readable? The same format as the DESCRIPTION file could
> be proposed, or a variant that tolerates more space.

from the Debian-med perspective I personally am more interested to learn about the
possibility to get BioConductor in. If I recall correctly, the major challenge is to get
the machine for the redistribution of the packages, right?

Best,

Steffen