Re: Fwd: ng-spice-rework_18.dfsg-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Hi
On Sunday 29 March 2009 08:08:24 Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> > I see three options:
> > 1. Move it to non-free. The problem is that some people don't include the
> > non-free packages in their sources.list file and I must ask for
> > autobuilding. Are there any other disadvantages?
>
> You need to care for autobuilders because non-free is not automatically
> autobuilded for all architectures.  This means you have to bother the
> non-free autobuilders team.  Moreover the program can not be included
> on installation media.
>
> > 2. Remove the documentation and Cider and make Debian free package.
> >
> > 3. Make both free and non-free package.
>
> I'd prefer this option *after* asking the authors.
>
> > I personally prefer option 1. The upstream team has put a lot of effort
> > into the licensing issues before the latest release and I think these
> > last issues will be dealt with in near future.
>
> If you are really sure about this - I would prefer option 3.
OK. I accept. The only problem is that I have a lot of work to do :)

I will make two versions
ngspice which is DFSG compatible
ngspice-nf which contains the non-free stuff but without xspice since the
license is dubious.

Is it OK if I ask the upstream about license change after ngspice has been
accepted in Debian?

Cheers
Gudjon