Re: texmaker: Recommends on ghostscript

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

Backports are unofficial by nature. If you choose to make some packaging
backport-friendly then you go beyond the logic of official Debian
packaging, and lintian hinting no longer applies.

In other words: Don't blindly follow lintian hints if you want to be
nice to backporters. Just be careful that you really know what you are
doing, because other Debian developers are right in fingerpointing if
you make fuckups while attempting to outsmart tedious tools like
lintian.

Huh?  Ruben, lintian and me agree that we do not want to support
backporters and just Depend / Recommend existing packages.  What
are you talking about???

Personally I stopped supporting backports for sarge long ago, but you
might want to serve other kinds of users, I don't know.

No, I do not want - I admit I never cared about backporting.

Hope that helps :-)

In the aspect that we have a further agreement - even if pronounced
a little bit unusual - yes. ;-)