Re: [Announce] New tasks web Bpages for all CDDs

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:

Am I missing something, or packages can't be in more than one category/task in
this system?

There is no reason thich prevents having a package in several tasks.  Installing
a metapackage for a task should give you a complete working environment to
work on the specific task.  So if one package is useful in more than one task
it has to be listed in all of them.  Just note that there are such generic
tasks like viewing and typesetting.  You will probably these in addition to
the science task and if it turns out that we need another generic task than
we might add this.

I think if packages could be organized with something
like "tags" (oh no, one more name), everyone would be more satisfied, and the
packages would be easilly found by users.

Well, we have DebTags which are fine.  DebTags is a great tool and you can
even install packages according to a DebTags specification.  When editing
the tasks files DebTags was actually a great help.