Re: [Announce] New tasks web Bpages for all CDDs

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

It's not missing any more.

Thank you!

You are welcome. ;-))

OK, so you would like to propose to move these two prospective package
entries from physics to engineering?

I think this would make sense.

Done.

Done as libmesh0.6.2 (hmmm, I have to find a clever mechanism which
resolves the right version number of a package ...)

The source package is libmesh...

I know - but the tasks file need dependencies from binary packages
(currently).  An alternative might be to invent a field Source-Depends
which has an effect only for the web page generation while the
meta packages need the usual Depends/Recommends/Suggests.

Hmm, perhaps it should Provide a
virtual package you can depend on, like "libmesh0.6.2-dev |
libmesh-dev".  (You probably want the -dev package, which includes
examples; the shlib package is only useful as a dependency.)

OK, we need to polish here several dependencies regarding this aspect.
I have not yet fully made up my mind what might be the best solution.

Bug 488962 (to which you've replied) has details.

Thanks.

Almost -- I got your bug in before your post reached the list. :-)

Well, as I said - you won. ;-)
And strictly speaking it is right that you won because the bug is not
yet fixed but pending (fixed in SVN).

Kind regards and thanks for your input