Re: OpenCASCADE ACCEPTED!

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 19:41 -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 14/06/2008, Ross Boylan <ross@biostat.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> >  Personally, I'm pretty sympathetic with people who want to restrict to
> >  non-commercial use.
>
> I'm not. I think they are confused, believe that "free" and
> "commercial" are binary opposites and misunderstand the nature of
> software freedom.

Note that there is no commercial use restriction on triangle, the
restriction is on making money for distribution.  So you can download it
at no cost and then use it for commercial purposes, and still be within
the license.  But if anyone wants to charge money for distributing it,
that requires a separate arrangement.

Thanks everyone for looking into relicensing and/or reimplementation!

-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/