Re: OpenCASCADE ACCEPTED!

On 14/06/2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:
> So this is what needs to be replaced?
>
>      http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html

So I'm thinking that it's not a bad idea to first ask if he's willing
to relicense his code with a free license... If he's afraid of
commercial exploitation, under the GPL perhaps. These requests have to
be extremely diplomatic. I need some help phrasing the request. I want
to say something along the lines, of "Hey, your software looks great,
would you consider freeing it up? Here's why commercial restrictions
are non-free. Oh, if you refuse, you understand that we're going to
try to reimplement your software based on the ideas of your published
papers, as allowed by US copyright law. It would be easier for us if
you simply allowed your software to be redistributed under a free
license."

Help?

- Jordi G. H.