Re: Debian Science Policy: First draft online and open for discussion

Hello,

>  - It could be useful to request that the fields in debian/control are
>    always used in the same order, to help repository-wide changes.
Yep, good point. We now have to define the order !

>  - The match order in the machine-readable copyright format has been
>    reversed compared to the original proposal. Therefore, your example
>    is slightly outdated.
OK, we will update them.

>  - For the license of the packaging work, I recommend to require that
>    its license is not more restrictive than the original source, so that
>    patches do not cause problems when forwarded upstream.
Maybe it is badly placed in the document but there is a sentence about
that which says almost the same as you:
"The license of the packaging work should either match the license of the upstream sources or have a license that is compatible with the upstream license."

Sylvestre