Re: Debian Science Policy: First draft online and open for discussion

Hi Sylvestre,

> >  - For the license of the packaging work, I recommend to require that
> >    its license is not more restrictive than the original source, so that
> >    patches do not cause problems when forwarded upstream.

> Maybe it is badly placed in the document but there is a sentence about
> that which says almost the same as you:
> "The license of the packaging work should either match the license of the upstream sources or have a license that is compatible with the upstream license."

This wording does not prevent having GPL'ed patches to send to a
BSD-licenced project, which is something I would personnaly not like to
have to do… This can happen as quickly as having somebody commiting a
patch for a package whose Debian side is GPL'ed because this is the
default licence in the dh_make templates, and then going MIA.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles