Re: Debian Science Policy: First draft online and open for discussion

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
Le Tue, May 27, 2008 at 04:10:18PM -0700, Jordan Mantha a écrit :

>    There was only one spot where I had a question. In the debian/control
>    section it says that the Section field should be "science". I can think of a
>    lot of cases where a package would be in sections other than "science". For
>    instance, "math", "electronics", "gnome", "kde", "libs" all seem logical as
>    well.

Hi Jordan,

Actually, there can be a Section field for the source and the binary
packages. Maybe that can solve the problem ?

Perhaps. The reason I wondered is because plotdrop, which I just put in the git repo, has Section: math . Would I want to change that or is it not a big deal?

-Jordan