Re: debian-science repository structure

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 4:27 PM, David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> wrote:

As a followup to my last message, let me be more precise (and
positive!) and say that the layout proposed by Manual Prinz and
modified by Charles Plessy sounds good to me.

Charles wrote the following:

-- debian science
  +-- homepage
  +-- packages
       +-- b
           +-- bar
           +-- baz
       +-- f
           +-- foo
  +-- policy
  +-- tasks
  +-- ...

Each leaf of this tree would be a git repository.  I guess we will
want a "tools" repo almost immediately.

That's quite a lot of structure. How many packages are we reasonably talking about? So far I count 5 packages in the SVN repo. Do we really foresee having  so many packages that we'd need more than packages/ ? Sorry if it's a newbie question, I'm just curious if we're wanting to get like 100+ packages or only say 10-20.

-Jordan