Re: debian-science repository structure

Am Sonntag, den 18.05.2008, 16:23 +0200 schrieb Sylvestre Ledru:

> > > It is temporary. We have to move them into the appropriate category.
> >
> > OK. I just thought this was due to some misunderstanding by the people who
> > checked those in. My fault! Thanks for your work an that!
> No worries, David Bremner has to decided which category would be the best.

In case of SVN I would suggest you put all packages under /packages (as
suggested somewhere else in this thread) and use svn:external for the
category idea. Just make /category another top-level directory. Then put
your categories in it and then add all packages fitting a category via
svn:external to a category. So you can "put" a package into several
categories if you think, it fits all of them and you still have a
consistent structure by having all the packages side-by-side like in the
pool. And it doesn't need to move packages around if you think, a
category has been chosen wrongly. Just remove the svn:external property
for the package from the category directory.

Just my 2 cents,
Regards, Daniel