Re: debian-science repository structure

> Looking at the current situation, the repositories are quite unstructured: The
> SVN repo contains the tasks created by Sylvestre and some packages checked in
> at the same level which is quite confusing.
It is temporary. We have to move them into the appropriate category.

> Since we do not know if we will move to one repository or keep both running
> forever, I'd prefer to have the same repository layout in both VCSs.
Yep, I agree with you. It is a work in progress.

> Moreover, tasks seem to be something "artificial" and problematic to me. I see
> the need to group packages into tasks, especially for the meta-packages. But
> while working at a package at the moment I was not able to decide where to
> put it: physics or chemisty? It would fit into both tasks perfectly.
I think it doesn't really matter if we have problems to categorize a
package from time to time.
Here are a few ideas behind the idea of category into the repository.
For example if someone just want to just checkout package from the
category he is interested in
Facilitate the involvement of people dedicated to a specific category.

> -- debian science
>    +-- homepage
>    +-- packages
>         +-- bar
>         +-- foo
>    +-- policy
>    +-- tasks
>    +-- ...
It is not incompatible.

> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cdd/projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks/?rev=0&sc=0
> [2] I already started to work on that but it's not uploaded yet. I'll announce
> it as soon as it's something readable.
Can I participate on this ?

Cheers,
Sylvestre